Sunday, July 18, 2010

No Sex & The City

Being married with a child in the midwest is not an HBO series in the making; it's more like Animal Planet or some late night PBS special that nobody wants to watch. Most girls dream of marriage and the wedding...later having his babies and watching them grow. I said most girls...

As I sit here typing, my now 3yr old is crawling over me, telling my "Daddy's not a boy, he's a man". I'm tired. I've been up since about 6:45am, made breakfast, spent my entire day at church. Got a small 30-40 min nap in because I was not about to miss Big Brother, LOL. I've given in to him watching TV in my room, in my bed because I'm about to fall into a benedryl coma. That, and the fact that it's just easier to not argue or should I say deal with headstrong toddler at this hour.

Marriage was never high on my priority list, though I did want to be married by 25, and I was able to do so. Not sure why I picked that age. Looking back now, that's so incredibly young! But I'm grateful to have a husband, and not be out there looking for something that's about the same in every man...and that's the truth. Same can be said of women, I'm sure.

As much as I love shoes, and often have wardrobe changes during the day....I'm no Carrie Bradshaw. There are no Louboutin's or Manolo's in the closet. No car service waiting to pick me up for tonight's big event. No "Big". And my best girlfriend brat pack is divided all among the US. Being a wife, mother, friend is exhaust. Though I suppose that's the escape and appeal women find in TV shows as such. Funny thing is, before I got married and had a baby, life was no Sex & the City then either. Nothing glamorous, just plain old daily life!

No comments:

Post a Comment